Please click

ARTISTS :: MUSIC :: PHOTOS :: BIZ :: LINKS :: SITE PICKS
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AJOffline
 24 Post subject: Hiphop and Hot Wings Chronicled  PostPosted: Jun 12, 2005 - 01:29 PM

Hip Hop and Hot Wings
Located at 418 West 9th street downtown kansas city, mo. The Resident DJ's that host this weekly event are AJ2 and Slater. Each week there is a different guest dj( Attaxix, Joc Max, Mike Boogie,etc..)local mc's will come down(Joe Good, Johnny Quest, Approach,etc..) b boys as well. Along with those 3 elements of hip hop we also have the last the 4th element-Art-Each week there is a guest artist( Scribe, Gear, Sike, etc..)they compose pieces throughout the night. I believe you get the point come down and check it out, NO cover and drink specials all night.

8 - 1:30 PM
21 and over

this sunday 7/3 beatbroker is the guest dj downstairs
THe upstairs is now a lounge with just dj's
with such featured dj's as JAH, Bucho,and Ben fuller -Slater
is the resident dj upstairs

Last edited by AJ on Jun 29, 2005 - 09:27 AM; edited 2 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
NRG
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2005 - 04:20 PM

by now its no secret that I loves me some joc maxx, but honey after his performance at the peanut last sunday, that love has gained a whole nother level of respect.

Listen to Miles' interview with Joc by clicking the link below
http://media.lawrence.com/mp3/podcasts/n8soundcast/2005/n8soundcast1.mp3

The master dropped a set that was a lesson to the novices as well as his peers.

my favorite parts were
watching his hand toggle, remove, find and replace albums, dig for the next, adjust the sound levels with each change, transition so smooth that you felt you were hanging on a cliff and all with the speed of light,
the extensiveness of his vinyl collection,
the jaws of the other djs present dropping time after time( when you impress yo peers then you have done somethin),
the heads bobbin all nite long,
the audible silence of recognition from those that know when somethin amazin' happened ( which I might add happened often through out the nite) and the hand flyin' up in uncontrollable solidarity which to me, as a fan, said everything you need to know about joc and his depth of knowledge as not onlyas a dj that has spent hours honing his skill, or a kansas city hiphop legend, but a world respected presence.

all I can say is when ever you have the opportunity to experience this shining star locally, don't sleep

go get yo healing
peace
nrg

ps thanks to brian, allen, ashley, and the peanut for what they are bring us as a hiphop community, ie a place to be in community and love and live hiphop.

same goes to :
joe, miles, yady and funguy for wednesdays at the newsroom
sike, boogie, and flotilla for saturdays at jilly's
qiana, christos, and onjalee for the redvine tuesdays and clinic fridays
and to others I don't know of yet but will

Last edited by NRG on Dec 03, 2013 - 01:34 PM; edited 1 time in total

AJOffline
   Post subject: Hip Hop Sundays  PostPosted: Jun 23, 2005 - 02:03 AM

thanks to all of the djs, mcs. artists, muscians, b-girls and b-boys, who come out every sunday!! Hio hop is about community, and it could not survive without all of you. See you all in the park on Sunday.

NRG
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 11, 2005 - 06:32 PM

new photo's up in the "July Sundays @ the Peanut" photo gallery

check um out yall!

beatbrokerOffline
 14 Post subject: oh my....  PostPosted: Jul 17, 2005 - 11:37 PM

i want to give extra early notice on this one as it's gonna be a hot hot extravaganza of an evening.

Sunday Aug 28th at the Peanut will be a very special HipHop and Hotwings.
it will be the first (and hopefully not the last) Nutty Beatsmith Showdown.
a night of spontaneous beat compostion between some of the areas finest producers.
the faceoff will showcase the talents of Miles Bonny, Nezbeat, Johnny Quest, Opus Grey and myself (beatbroker) on our respective beat machines, samplers and keyboards. we will be pounding out beats on the fly with eachother, creating improvised rhythms and grooves together for you and your head nodding pleasures. We will have Dj's SKU and Lenny D. coming down to lace it up with some cuts, as well as a few of your favorite lyricists waxing freestyles over the hotness.
beyond the jamming, this will also be an oppurtunity for us to show off our latest full compositions which we will take turns doing thourghout the course of the evening.

as always Attaxic and AJ2 will be spinning records that make your ass move in between the beatmaking madness.
and upstairs will be throwing down something deviantly delicious as well.

You will not want to miss this event, unless of course you have a strong disliking of ill hip hop music.

DON'T SLEEP!!!
(unless it's with me) Wink

-beatbroker

BuchoOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 24, 2005 - 07:35 PM

ooooooooohhhhWEEE that sounds fuckin nice!!!! can't wait for that one....

but for those of you headin out tonite, here's what's in store for ya...

tonite:
downstairs: Dj's AJ2, Attaxic, Mike Boogie (aka Mr.Mafesto) and Tommy Lift
Artist: Sike

upstairs: Dj's Brian Sl8r, Ben Fuller and J.A.H.

NRG
   Post subject: sunday july 24th  PostPosted: Jul 25, 2005 - 02:07 PM

last night was amazing (again) full house of the usual suspects and a whole bunch of new faces rockin to the beats being laid down by an amazinig line-up of kc's local djs / producers

Featured dj/producers were Tommylift and Mafesto with an added surprise beatbroker. AJ2 and Ataxic, who are the resident djs blended and weaved their magic in to the mix.

Tommylift, working from his now signature computer monitor and tower (tucked away but not lost in a sea of wires) dropped original beats, which became the inspiration for add on by fellow djs. At many points all four djs were adding something to the mix to create a whole new sound.

5 turntables, 3 mixers, a computer and talented folk = the new band
Ataxic stole the show at one point by blending joe good's "Pacin"accapella with an old school beat. it got my attention and apparently others were feelin it too gaging by the amped energy in the house.

the b-boys were holding center floor spinning, flying, and vibing to the beats being dropped. Gear jumped out there and gave us a poppin and lockin lesson that won't be forgotten soon.

The vibe, music, hot wings ( that are huge) the bar staff, every little aspect of last night equaled something you look forward to and wanna be sure not to miss.

thanks to everyone for doing your part to support local hiphop and make the vibe soooooo sweet.,

peace
nrg

AJOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2005 - 12:34 AM

6 Turntables

Peace

NRG
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2005 - 01:30 AM

well excuse me mr. AJ2
I never said I could count smile

thanks alan

it was a blast

btw what happened to that photo of the wings? you know the one I was so sosososo crazy for you to take

peace
nrg

NRG
   Post subject: nutty beatmakers night  PostPosted: Aug 29, 2005 - 10:13 AM

Y'all were on it lastt night. I love spontaneous music so much. the beats were great, miles on the horn was warm and inviting surprise,beatbroker at the helm was like a mad scientist at the brink of a discovery, attaxic added that perfect flavor, jquesy was multitasking between mpc and turntable, floppy disk and vinyl it was a blurr, AJ2's smile, head bobbin and licks give new meaning to GROOVIN on a Sunday afternoon, Nesbeat who was droppin beat as well, was holdin down the southeast end of this 25+ foot table of sound, wires, turn tables, mpc's keyboards, drums, trumpet, and wizardry. attaxic was holdin the northwest end of this snaking sound machine.

it was a loverly vibe ! Bboys still hyped from the middleground jam earlier in the day at case park, hit the floor and cleaned it up to a buffed shine by the end of the night.

the "Ladies" (Ashley,Jessie,Sarah, and Erin were holdin down the art in east corner. a hugh table top canvas was the receiving their collective images and interpretation throughout the evening. collage,paint,markers,you name it could be seen moving towards this lucky canvas. each artist also brought individual finished or current projects to display as part of their ambience.

I was really full from all this expression and community before I started on my plate of 1/2 order of wings naked with sauce on the side. Needless to say (but I will say) My heart,cup,soul,ears and belly runneth over.

thanks to erbody for making it another beautiful Sunday evening @ the Peanut.

hugs all around
nrg

ps did it mention that this all occurred upstairs at the peanut. what a great space. hope they can use this space again.

NRG
   Post subject: come out and enjoy  PostPosted: Oct 21, 2005 - 09:30 PM

Date: Oct 21, 2005 10:29 AM
Subject: What's goin' on Sunday night?
Body: If you've not been to the Peanut downtown on 9th and Broadway then this will be a good time to come..
if you've been coming to the hip-hop and hotwings nite regularly then you know the deal...
this Sunday myself along with mr. mafesto will be takin' it back to the old breakdown days at Jilly's....ah..
since out exodus from that hell hole we've haven't had a steady gig so this is our return!
come kick it with us...
of course we've got something for the old school heads...somethin' for the ladies and something for the breakers...and just about everyone else too...haha..

There will be 2 feat. artists painting during the night along with new merch by the artists and myself.

the cost is always FREE!! and it's from about 8pm to 1:30am...
we'll probably go on around 11:30ish...

the kitchen stays open unitl 11pm..

c u there!
peace
sike

AJOffline
   Post subject: the peanut  PostPosted: Oct 25, 2005 - 03:10 PM

This Sunday, October 30th, DJ Platinum from Springfeild
W/ Local Artist Adrian Halpern
As always NO COVER!! This is an event not to miss!
418 West 9th street
Downtown KC,MO

NRG
   Post subject: Anti Crew in the HOUSE Last Night Y'all  PostPosted: Jan 09, 2006 - 03:45 AM

wow! even with earlier hours (8-12midnite) the peanut was jumpin sunday nite Cool . By 10:30 the nut was packed to the rafters with hiphop heads bobbin their heads and makin cordial conversation. The B-boys were out in full force, dancing and playin with each other by pretend battles, while others pretended to hold them back to keep from battlin. The vibe was HOT and friendly.

The three resident djs (beatbroker, ataxics and aj2) were taking turns droppin traks and mixin the music that makes you wanna break into dance where ever you are.

Also present, was dj DEMO, a recent transplant from Vancouver Canada. Armed with turntables, a small laptop, and spinnin everything available @ arms length ( read 45s too) He dropped traks that had b-boys and heads alike chant along with hooks for almost 30 minutes @ one point.

The Hot Wings were delicious, Miss Ashley was Beautiful, gracious, and with camera in hand getting those hot candid shots to load into the peanut gallery located right here on hiphopkc.com. CHECK HERE FOR THOSE.
http://www.hiphopkc.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album26&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

The staff was movin and groovin getting those beers, drinks and wings out to the full capacity room. they were workin it @ full speed last nite. thanks Yall!
we see ya and appreciate how you help us have fun.

Anti Crew, home from university (Chicago) was introduced by crewmate Vertigone, while DJ Sike held them down on the 1s and 2s.
They launched into a set that was so high energy, if your mouth wasn't joinin in on their hooks and audience chants, yo body was. There was soo much filming goin on even b-boy adonus(sp?) was posing with anti-crew and at one point could be seen lifting flare the rebel 1/2 of Anti Crew off the ground into the AIR during on exceptional moment.
ya I said AIR Shocked .

To finish things off real nice Cool Sike stepped aside so , Eternal (the other member of the crew) who left center stage as emcee and hit the turntables as DJ for a display of skills to top off their final song of the set.

Love me some Peanut on Sundays yall

peace
nrg

DEMENCHAOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 09, 2006 - 07:38 PM

I was there for maybe close to an hour.
I'd forgotten how tough it is to get comfortable unless you get there early.
So I left almost as soon as I'd got there.

That was a first.

Last night was hype though... Very Happy

AJOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 27, 2006 - 02:04 PM

Jump to: