Please click

ARTISTS :: MUSIC :: PHOTOS :: BIZ :: LINKS :: SITE PICKS
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NRG
   Post subject: New Member Intro : Tell KC All About YOU  PostPosted: Sep 29, 2007 - 06:06 AM

It has just come to me that this thread is sorely needed! asleep I guess.
Welcome to new members. I hope this site will be entertaining, encouraging, uplifting, and productive for you.

I also hope that you will use this site to put yourself out THERE so don't be shy about your talents, interests, ponderings, dreams, projects, needs or shortcoming.

Hiphopkc.com was made for YOU to use as a tool of growth, promotion andto build a sense of community.

welcome. please introduce yourself.

nrg

Reply with quote Back to top
shamblesOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 01, 2007 - 02:06 PM

hey all, i just signed up for the site. name is shambles, i've been writing beats for about four years, and finally feel like I've got some shit thats worth sharing. i dig like crazy, and most of my stuff is sample-based.
i'm hoping to learn from some more established producers, and meet some local emcees on here who want to collaborate. and right now, i'm much more concerned with getting my name out there than making any money. so if you can spit and you want to fuck around with some free beats, hit me up. check out my myspace here

Last edited by shambles on Apr 13, 2008 - 11:58 PM; edited 1 time in total

KCsMasterPieceOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 18, 2007 - 12:58 PM

I'm T-O-P... Co-CEO of the Independent Record Label Allied Opposition Productions...

I recently graduated college with a Degree in Arts Management... I'm an Emcee Naturally, I've been writing since I was 11, but I also do some Graphic Design

I'm interested in collabs with other artists, purchasing instrumentals, and maybe even some label deals if it comes to that... basically whatever we can get into so Get at me at either

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Or either of our sites in my signature...

I haven't been on for a while but I'm about to upload some of our latest work to keep everyone up to date...

You can check out most of our songs on Soundclick as well and don't be afraid to give me some feedback...

http://www.soundclick.com/alliedopposition

http://www.datpiff.com/profile/KCsMasterPiece

http://www.myspace.com/aopresents

Last edited by KCsMasterPiece on Apr 22, 2010 - 11:48 AM; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
DropjawOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2007 - 03:32 AM

I've been around for a long time, but I feel like I've never really been able to introduce myself. My name is Kory Pedersen and my music project is called Dropjaw. I live in Manhattan KS, but this site and scene is the closest to me. I have been to a few hip-hop events in KC and many in Lawrence. I was fairly active on the lawrence hiphop site back in the day. I am an emcee and I produce a little. I run a recording studio for the students at Flint Hills Job Corps as my way to give back to the hip-hop community. I have toured all around America and my ambition is to be a professional musician. As well as Dropjaw I am in a larger hip-hop crew based out of St. Louis called The Dead Republic.

On this site I am interested in constructive and critcal dialouge about my music as well as a community to help find shows, beats, and friends that, get "hip-hop". I am also interested in finding some people who would like to donate beats for projects that my students are doing at the Job Corps.

Please check out my music on my myspace and PM me any time.

Also I'm looking for people to make show trades with. I would love to get some good hip-hop shows through Manhattan KS.

http://www.hiphophobo.com
http://www.myspace.com/Dropjaw
http://www.myspace.com/deadrepublic

I'm on facebook as well, and my name is Kory Andrew Pedersen if you wanna be web homies.

Urban-SuburbanOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 05, 2007 - 05:46 PM

Very good thread!

Im just a 'spectator' to say the least. I promote and support anyone from the KC area that is trying to make an impact.

God bless all of you. Dont ever give up on what youre doing. Trust and believe there are many people praying that what youre trying to accomplish will be fulfilled.

For those gifted with discernment, it is apparent that the spirit of this city is in full effect. I dont quite know how to word it yet but trust I know what Im talking about.

Once again, God bless

rucifiOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 18, 2007 - 03:52 AM

I got into emceeing at the age of 16 and have been doing so since then. People ask me about where I wanna go with my music and I tell them I just wanna be heard, I got so much love for this art. Lyricism is my passion, people... I'm originally from South Carolina but I've been in Missouri for about 5 years due to my service in the Air Force. I hope fellow emcees and listeners alike can show love for me in the KC area as I continue to do my thing here.

You can hear my music at

http://www.myspace.com/rucifi

UHHAOffline
 6 Post subject: Holla  PostPosted: Jan 01, 2008 - 03:11 PM

Hey there, well I am just here because I am looking for other organizations who do what we do. I am the founder and president of the Underground Hip Hop Academey out of Dallas Tx. Check out our website www.myspace.com/dallasuhha.. Peace[/b]

NRG
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 01, 2008 - 08:00 PM

what do you do? you didn't say. if you did say then folks could see if they do it too, or maybe that's not the point

signed confused Confused

MILESOffline
   Post subject: yeah  PostPosted: Jan 03, 2008 - 05:13 PM

I LOVE THIS POSt.. probably especially enjoy it since i remember being in the shoes of some you who just want to be heard. Thats what it takes.

I'm Miles Bonny, that's my real name. I tried Dino Jack Crispy first, but left it after I realized I'd want tons of names and it would get too confusing in time.

I was born in NyC, Grew up in teaneck, NJ through High school, went to lawrence for college, moved to kc after.

I feel like making beats is mainly what I'm known for around here, mainly involvement a group called "SoundsGood" from 2000-2006 with Joe Good, I was the producer/dj/hypeman/ etc. Since that time I've been DJing and singing alot.. about to get back into beats among other activities.

I'm here to learn about what others are doing, how you are progressing and doing more than talking about what you want. I encourage you all to do what you feel is right/corect/honest/spiritually necessary at any one time (without going broke).

Much respect to you all. Stay true to yourself.

keefOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 09, 2008 - 02:15 PM

Hola,

Me name's Keef, Aka. Keith, aka DJ Keef: KC's Favorite Microwave DJ! I'm an Aries, I enjoy cup ramen, particulary Maruchan's Yakisoba; the roast chicken variety. Vary tasty.

I'm a KC import out of everywhere but KC and happen to live down the street from Miles Bonny(Merriam, what?!) , but he don't know dat! I jack his beats and make flavored puft-corn cereal from 'em. Then, I sell 'em at the local grocer fro profit. You may have heard of em, they're called Jack'm's! Very delicious!

I gig two regular places in KC, both of which are addicted to top 40 and I face a constant struggle in playing to the crowd, versus preaching to them what real soul and hip hop is about. Because of the internal eternal battle that it is, I don't enjoy music much anymore. Unless I'm stealing it to sell back to the kiddies!

I've recently been getting into beat making for myself since the kids are tired of my recycled stolen flavors, but apparently I suck; Sku and Konsept weren't havin' it. I'm still workin' on that part of the game. If I was to describe myself for a dating service, I'd say I'm more "Six-Feet Deep" than I am "The 8 Diagrams." Less "American Gangster" and more "Uptown Saturday Night." A little bit of the Madlib Invasion with a twist of Paul Rodriguez II Nike SBs in a chilled glass of BBE. Yeah, that's what I'm about.

Oh, and I have a 10 foot snake that eats crack babies and was born from a cup of radioactive jello pudding. It's name is Susan.

jayBirdOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2008 - 05:56 PM

just moved here from maryland.
looking to find all the hiphop spots and everything.
thought this page would be pretty informative.

see ya around.
pce.

NRG
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2008 - 07:56 PM

welcome to hiphopkc.com jayBird. tomorrow nite there is a emcee battle at the record bar. you might check that out. a great way to see alot in one setting.

peace

jayBirdOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 18, 2008 - 02:20 PM

thanks for the welcome. i think i'm going to a local dive tonight, but i'll def keep my ears and eyes peeled for more upcoming events. pce.

LOFIYAH1Offline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2008 - 12:13 PM

Greetings, My name is Jeremy..... fools & friends call me LO-FI. I am the current director of K.C's HIP HOP ACADEMY. check us at www.myspace.com/hhakc, or NEXT week at www.hiphopacademy.org!

I'm basically a visual artist / activist who has been involved in and loving Hip Hop music / culture since the early 80's.

Mostly focused on using my talents and collaborating with other talented artists in the community to pass on the most positive elements of Hip Hop Culture to the K.C. youth. Counteracting some of the Cattle mentality that's sadly perpetrated as real education in our public and private schools...basically through afterschool classes, workshops, mini Jams, mural projects, teen open mics, providing an intro into this culture beyond just being a Hip Pop Commercial Rap radio fan... To me it's about embracing the most inspiring/ freeing and unique aspects of this now global culture and adding your own true abilities / voice to it and passing it on and sharing!!!

Also work with BEWARE ALL STYLEBITERS CREW! a KC based 30+ artist crew throwing group art shows that fly in the face of the more elitist ART GALLERY SCENE here in K.C. WE JUST HAVE FUN & SPREAD SOME NEW STYLES & BIG UP EACH OTHER'S WORKS!!!

Glad to meet ya...See you out there real soon!
Contact me if you are interested in any of this stuff!
STAY INSPIRED!
J. LO-FI

AceFadal
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2008 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
Greetings, My name is Jeremy..... fools & friends call me LO-FI. I am the current director of K.C's HIP HOP ACADEMY. check us at

www.myspace.com/hhakc , or NEXT week at

www.hiphopacademy.org !

Just wanted to fix the link for ya! Wink

www.dipity.com/acefadal
WE ARE, Kansas City is kinesthetiC!

http://crushproofstudio.bandcamp.com/

Jump to: