Please click

ARTISTS :: MUSIC :: PHOTOS :: BIZ :: LINKS :: SITE PICKS
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NRG
   Post subject: Every Saturday The Show-Me Mix KKFI 90.1 FM 9 to 11p  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2005 - 04:05 PM

There's a new urban radio show in Kansas City called the Show-Me Mix Show, and it's all about shining a positive light on hip-hop. Unlike other local radio show the first priority of the Show-Me Mix Show is the local artist not the advertiser.

The weekly program on KKFI-FM 90.1 will feature a different 'theme' every week. From the "Hip-hop Time Machine" to "Women in Rap" - listeners will have a chance to learn about the past, present and future of hip-hop culture. The first two hour show will air on September 10th at 8:00 pm.

Executive producer and host of the Show-Me Mix Show, DeShai Hampton spent several years helping local hip-hop artist develop there image and marketing materials through her company Music Mystique. "Local artists constantly complained that their records were being shunned by metro area radio stations," states Hampton. "The only reason we don’t have an artist like Nelly or Eminim putting Kansas City on the hip-hop map is because local artist lack a radio home."

The Show-Me Mix Show is presented by Urban Motion, a group formed by Hampton. The mission of Urban Motion is two fold - to provide support for local artists and to play an active role in encouraging youth to be academic achievers. Urban Motion is currently inviting local high schools to participate in the "Expression of Hip-Hop" art contest were the winner of the “best poem” and “best visual art” award will receive a cash prize. “It is our goal to lead by example and not only change the face of the Kansas City Hip-Hop scene but also strike a movement in our community to gain control over the futures of our youth,” says Hampton.

This Friday September 9th, Urban Motion will be assisting the Hip-hop Summit Action Network with showcasing local talent. The group will have a booth setup inside Bartel Hall. Their goal is to collect as many local artist promotional packages as possible. The Hip-hop Summit Action Network has personally guaranteed that every CD will be heard by the right record label executive.

Last edited by NRG on Jun 24, 2013 - 06:45 PM; edited 2 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
NRG
   Post subject: SURVEY SAID!  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2005 - 04:23 PM

THIS WAS THE FIRST POLL ON HIPHOPKC:

Question Was : The first step to KC hiphop unity is: (Results - 59 votes)

RESULTS:

Survey Said:
more venues willing to allow hiphop shows? 11.86 % (7)
a place to come together in community? 23.73 % (14)
learning from those already performing? 3.39 % (2)
artists collborating with each other more? 10.17 % (6)
kc radio play local music in rotation? 50.85 % (30)
other - post a topic about it in the forum 0.00 % (0)

PROGRESS MADE?
Looks what's happening: Idea
DeShai's show The Show Me Mix 50% of the vote said NEED radio play

Alan and Ashley's Hiphop and Hot Wings 24% of vote said
place to gather

if you ain't been here yet shame on ya yo bad Rolling Eyes make up for it real soon you'll be glad you did Very Happy

next up more venues willing to allow hiphop shows? 12% (7)

Holla if you see any changes in this status. What I see are DJ's getting residencies more than hiphop performance shows. Have some thoughts Idea about this but I will ponder and watch for a while longer before speaking, in the meanwhile what the Fu*k DO U THINK Wink ABOUT ALL THIS?

DBAKEROffline
   Post subject: Mims...  PostPosted: Feb 04, 2006 - 03:10 PM

Hopefully we can get that new track from MIMS on there"Big Black Train"....I heard its a BEAST!

lastrekruteOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2006 - 09:20 AM

The Show me mix show is that fire, we been needing? I don't care what it is I gotta do on Saturday night, we ain't leaving until the shows over. Deshai is doin' the damn thing, I wish yall the utmost success.

Peace
TLR

CLLsOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 08, 2009 - 07:46 PM

Whats up on gettin on the station

NRG
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 09, 2009 - 02:36 PM

CLLs wrote:

ms. shai can be reached through KKFI 90.1 fm

have you heard her show? its cool check her out!

NRG
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 09, 2009 - 02:37 PM

CLLs wrote:

ms. shai can be reached through KKFI 90.1 fm

have you heard her show? its cool check her out!

Jump to: