Please click

ARTISTS :: MUSIC :: PHOTOS :: BIZ :: LINKS :: SITE PICKS
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
maclethalOffline
   Post subject: LETS GO MAFUCKAS.  PostPosted: Nov 02, 2009 - 02:04 AM

Tonight, Black Clover Radio, was amazing.

The only 2 non-Kansas City songs played were by Soulcrate Music. From South Dakota. They are on Black Clover Records.

Did you guys tune in? Thoughts?

Reach just hit me with 2 edited songs. Those are getting love next Sunday. Along with VHD and a few other cats.

Now... WHERE ARE YOUR SONGS?

Miles Bonny? I need like 5 songs from you man.
Kartoon? EMC? DWill? Furious? Gunnjakc? Big Jack? Heet Mob? Grant Rice????

Your boy invades a major, corporate, alternative radio station, EVERY Sunday night.

I can play WHATEVER I want.

I WANT TO PLAY KANSAS CITY LOCAL HIP-HOP.

Christos?

Where the fuck y'all at?

Don't send me songs about hustling drugs in the K-town. I got a few of those submitted, and while I'm not upset at them sonically, I can't co-sign them because they are too similar to top 40 rap. I would rather you artists that sent me those songs resend some songs about something of more substance. Political issues/ emotional issues/ relationship issues/ financial trouble/ creative story telling etc.

IF you gotta send me a song about drugs, at least make it sound like "Mr. Big" by Eightball and MJG, or some old UGK shit or something with musical innovation. I don't mind the violence, or the graphic lyrics. But make it creative. I wanna play it, knowing cats are listening like, "Wow, this is REALLY cool, and refreshing, and new." But keep that Hot 103 shit away from my email address.

I don't want any crunk shit (leave that style for Memphis and Atlanta and them cats.) The stuttering snares, and 808s, and synthy beats, with auto-tuned choruses. No dice. Don't send me club records. Records about being in the club etc.

Underground rappers. Get your stuff sounding top notch before you send it. Don't send busted ass mixes. It needs to sound at least quality enough for radio play. I think what I mean by that has gotten lost on cats, but oh well, the submissions will still be interesting.

Keep the submissions coming, but look. If we are gonna blow this scene up, and feel energized and full of life, I need y'all to step your lyric game, beat game, vocal game, creativity game, recording game, musical game and overall package game UP.

Stik Figa, Greg Enemy, Ces Cru, Deep Thinkers etc. You need to strive to be pushing the boundaries they are pushing.

P.S. If you drop an exclusive mixtape freestyle, or wanna rant about some KC music scene shit. Record it, flip the curses backwards, and send it over. I'll give it some play. We need more artists voicing their opinions unconstrained by text.

Stik Figa and Greg Enemy for example. Send me a 3 minute long rant, over a smooth jazzy instrumental, try not to curse. And TALK SHIT on what needs to be fixed in the town.

It don't have to be songs. IF you got 3 minutes of some audio that pertains to KC hip-hop. SEND IT THE FUCK OVER.

Reply with quote Back to top
maclethalOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2009 - 02:10 AM

Dutch Newman too.

Actually, fuck it.

If you have time. Send a radio clean, 30second-1 minute long rant about how we are fixing the Kansas City hip-hop scene. Talk shit, make it styled out. Say Black Clover Radio, say Mac Lethal, say your name, and say a bunch of other hilarious shit.

Please help this happen. These cats specifically:

Approach
Ces Cru
Dutch Newman
Greg Enemy
Stik Figa
Brother of Moses
Negro Scoe
Jay Lee
Miles Bonney
Reach
Big Frame
Johnny Quest

ANY AND EVERY DJ IN KC.

Send me a 30 second to 1 minute drop.

GODSFAVORITEANGEL.gmail.com

JKR70Offline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2009 - 06:53 AM

I am sending 3 tracks tonight.

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/JKR70

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
MilkDropOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2009 - 10:02 AM

word i listened last night, it was really dope to hear a lot of music I've heard behind closed doors on blast on the radio.

I sent 6 joints today, I sent 3 joints earlier last week too. Pro is sending you some of my stuff too, don't know what though.

_DEMENCHA_Offline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2009 - 11:04 AM

I listened all the way through the show last night. I thought the WIZ KIDZ track (Greg Enemy, Ron Ron & Stik Figa) stole the show by a landslide, closely followed by that Kutty Slitz solo.

I mean, hell, I'm not even a rapper or producer, but I sent in a track to Mac about a week ago, Stik Figa's "Seasons," just to see if Mac would play it or not and he did last night.

If I can get tracks to Mac to get played on the radio, then there's no reason why there shouldn't be a LOT of other people sending stuff in also.

About J Lee, I will hit him up and see if they're sitting on anything new and I can send it your way. I know that the last record Heet Mob put out was a while ago, 2004-2005 I think, the They From Where? EP. It's got a gang of good stuff on there, including a J Lee solo cut that's amazing.

Ron Ron doesn't even curse in his lyrics anymore, so I'm going to ask him if it would be cool if I were to rip some of his better songs to mp3 and I'll send them your way.

I'm sitting on a lot of local hip hop as always, so I'll reach out to you again by Thursday, Mac.

PEACE

dutchnewmanOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2009 - 01:48 PM

word mac thru me in at the last minute and i am totally appreciative of it,and i sent him everything i had that was clean edited,ya'll better jump on board,he said some real shit last nite,so if ya'll have music that is edited email his ass asafp...don't complain about 103.3...fuck it,mac just gave us a outlet to have our shit heard,and you know alot of people listen to BCR because i got mad texts,tweets and facebook messages saying that was dope,half of kc knows who i am now probably because of that song getting played..so thank you mac for playing my shit,i'll keep sending you new stuff,including stuff from the album i'm recording with d/will. C'MON KANSAS CITY LETS STEP IT THE FUCK UP!!

JKR70Offline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2009 - 07:20 PM

Tracks sent.

Thanks Mac.

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/JKR70

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
sikestyleOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 03, 2009 - 12:10 PM

imma do a "sike" poem...haha

mythik
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 05, 2009 - 04:59 PM

This is awesome! Sending some Barbaric ish your way.

dj_godzillaOffline
   Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 09, 2009 - 10:01 PM

yo Mac did you get the EMC/Dayshift stuff I sent you?

If anyone needs a track edited I can do it--just get at me!

Jump to: